Friday, December 21, 2012

Gaultier

A few months ago, when my mom was here for Mother's Day (yes, I know that was a long ass time ago), we went to the De Young Museum to check out the Jean-Paul Gaultier exhibit. I think it was one of the absolute best exhibits I have ever seen, probably tied with the Musee D'Orsday exhibit they did back in 2010. His clothes are just breathtaking, especially up close. Very edgy and provocative (the entire S&M room people!); he is just so original, literally unlike anything I have ever seen. I would DIE to wear something designed by him. DIE. I ended up getting a museum membership and going back to see the exhibit about 3 more times. And each time it was just as good.

The De Young has been killing it with the exhibits of the last few years, especially the fashion ones (Yves Saint Laurent, Balenciaga), and just about everything else. I hope they have another fashion exhibit soon. Maybe Doir? Or Chanel? (A girl can dream)

They currently have a Rudolf Nureyev exhibit right now, and it is so, so well done. No pictures were allowed, but it is highly worth the visit. Such beautiful ballet costumes and amazing footage of him dancing. 

And now, crappy pictures! (sorry)

They actually had these cool projectors that played faces across some of the mannequins, and they spoke, which was both cool and creepy. I don't know if you can see that in my photos, but it was so awesome!

That's all the pics I've deemed uploadable! I need to figure out a new way to format, as Photobucket changed and I don't like it as much anymore...so bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment