Thursday, December 20, 2012

OH HEY THERE

Well. Someone has not updated her blog in almost 6 months. And lots of things have happened!

I started beauty school. I quit my Marin nanny job. I moved to San Francisco. I started a new nanny job. I'm exhausted all the time but I'm so, so much happier.

As dorky as it sounds, I kinda feel like I found my calling? I'm not saying beauty school is easy or that I'm fantastic at everything. But. I'm way better than I thought I would be. And I'm having fun. Yes, the 10 hour days are incredibly draining; both mentally and physically, but I'm always happy to be there. And even when I'm challenged (like with perms), I actually WANT to overcome that challenge and be better. Because playing with hair is fun.

I'm not an artist, at all. Really, I'm terrible and I know, I had to take plenty of art classes as an art history major.

But damn, I can cut a long layer, bang out a round brush hard set, and color hair pretty freakin' good. And that makes me feel good. I'm so happy to finally found something that I'm passionate about and excited about. I want to start blogging again, because I miss it, so I'm going to try, really, really try this time. Because I'm ready for some adventures and I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment